Monday, June 23, 2014

I Leave in T-Minus 3 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes...

I can't even believe it! I'm only days away from going on my European adventure! While I am so excited for this amazing opportunity, I am also nervous and a little scared. This isn't my first time to France, but it is my first longterm stay in a foreign country. Yet, I have many exciting goals and opportunities while I am there.

First, I am hoping to be inspired and get some writing done on book three of the Forget Me Not Trilogy (yes, my lovely readers, I have not forgotten you!). With the long plane ride, different train rides, and days where I can sit in a French café  with un café crème, a croissant, and my laptop, I will have time to type away!

Secondly, I get the opportunity to research a famous 18th century French writer and her personal letters in Vire, France with my lovely French professor. Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont was a French author who is best known for penning the original "Beauty and the Beast." And I get to read, translate, and catalog the original, physical, real copies of her personal letters. Like in my hands. I get to hold them. And smell them.

I will be doing better at keeping my blog up to date as much as possible! Please follow me on Instagram, Vine, Twitter, and Facebook for more updates and pictures!

Instagram: apblanchard1218

Vine: Allison Blanchard

Twitter: @apblanchard

Facebook: www.facebook.com/allisonblanchardbooks

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I travel and move throughout Europe for the next four weeks! And thank you to my readers for all your support. It means the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment