Saturday, August 3, 2013

Being a College Student/President of a Sorority/Published Author/This Title has too many slashes...

Before I begin this post, I would like to apologize for my lack of posts this past week. After the blogger book fair, life got a little hectic as I moved back to my college apartment. Speaking of being a college student, I come back to the purpose of this post.

I'm often asked what it is like to be a college student double major/president of my sorority/published author? It's tiring just saying it. While is sounds odd, even to me, I am blessed to be able to live this life. But that doesn't mean it doesn't come with its own set of challenges.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I'd actually publish while still in college. It has always been a dream and goal of mine, but I don't think I really thought it would come to pass. But that's just how awesome my God is - He knows the desires of my heart and heaps blessings on me that I don't deserve. And that's the only way I know I can live this life and wear all the hats that I do, through Jesus Christ and the strength He gives me. 

But like I said, it's not always easy being a double major and published author. I almost feel like I can't talk about my books in classes for fear of being judged. YES, JUDGED. I don't want other students looking at me differently and I especially don't want my professors judging me one way or another - whether it is positive or negative. However, it is hard to hide something as big as this. And it's not that I want to hide it. I'm very proud of my books, but I also want to be treated just like any other student and I want the other students to treat me the same way. 

So it's a difficult balance I try to keep. But so far it has been doable. But now I have the added blessing of being president of my sorority. I am absolutely thrilled and honored to step into this role ( DOVE LOVE), but I obviously still have some fear that makes me question myself. 

But that's when the Lord tells me again and again that He would never give me anything I couldn't handle. And it's true. I can do it all, not by my own strength, but by the strength Christ has equipped me with. 

So as I go into this new semester with new goals and dreams, I am reminded that Christ holds my destiny, both in class and in my career, and that trusting Him is the first step. My advice to any one who is also feeling the same way as I am in whatever situation is to take a deep breath, take the chance, and remember that regret is worse than fear or failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment