Monday, June 17, 2013

I know, I know....It's been too long.

You don't have to tell me twice. I get it. I've been away from the blogging world for WAY too long. But I promise this will change. Starting now. I am going to make a vow to you, my lovely readers. So here it is:

I, Allison, vow to update my blog AT LEAST twice a week. For real. It's happening. I'm making a vow to you and to myself to update this blog every Monday and Wednesday. I promise.

So, now that that's out of the way, let's get on to bigger and better things. I know many of you are waiting ever so patiently for the sequel to Forget Me Not, Morning Glory, and very soon your patience will be rewarded. Just trust this process and look forward to the next novel.

But I also have some fabulous news regarding my literary idol, Marianne Curley. Her latest novel, Hidden, will be releasing in the USA on June 25 and you can bet your pretty faces that I will be all up in my bookstore on that day. And then I may be in a reading coma for the next few days. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

On another related note, Marianne Curley left THIS amazing review  on Goodreads that you should go read. Like now. Seriously. Go. I'll be here waiting.

Now, that you're back I just wanted to take another moment to remind you of the Blogger Book Fair this July. I will be hosting some amazing authors and there will even be a giveaway of Forget Me Not.

I hope you all can forgive me again for my lack of posts. Life has thrown many snowballs in my face (yeah, in the middle of a Georgia summer. Weird.) and I am slowly but surely getting back to normal. Currently, I am working on the third and final installment of the Forget Me Not Trilogy, Tiger Lily. Writing this final book is both exciting, bittersweet, and sad all at the same time. I've been with these characters for the majority of my teenage years and now onto my twenties. It seems odd that in the very near future, I will have to say goodbye. Maybe that's why I'm prolonging the writing part of this novel. Because when I write that last chapter, pen that last word, and edit the final sentence, it will be over. Cole and Adeline's story will be done and I will have to respect that and move on.

But I'll probably need time to mourn and eat absurd amounts of ice cream. Yeah. That's gonna happen.


1 comment:

  1. I so understand what you mean by leaving your beloved characters behind...but yeah life is about the stories...and I am sure you will create new characters to love and cherish and live their stories, and let others live them through your words.. and with happy ending will come new beginings :)

    ReplyDelete